2012 was a year of inspiration and growth for our coalition. Throughout the course of the year, we battled big utility companies, engaged new community leaders who live with the day-to-day impacts of environmental inequalities, navigated the complex world of California politics and policy, and built our organizational infrastructure. Read all about our first ever Year in Review!
Highlights from 2012:
- Advancing the first small-scale clean energy proposal that specifically targets environmental justice communities
- Pushing the California Energy Commission to address the clean energy needs of environmental justice communities
- Potentially stopping the construction of three new natural gas power plants – final decision from the Public Utilities Commission expected on December 20th
- Moving the California Environmental Protection Agency to develop a Cumulative Impact tool
- Establishing Green Zone local campaigns across California
- Hosting our hugely successful, 150 person Member Congreso
2013 is full of exciting opportunities for CEJA, and we will build off our hard work of the past year to continue growing a strong movement for environmental justice in California and beyond!.