2017 Congreso: Reimagining Resistance
August 29, 2017
828 I Street
Our 2017 Congreso: “Reimagining Resistance” celebrates CEJA’s leadership and vision for a safe, healthy, equitable future where all our communities can thrive. The momentum we’ve gained in California is unstoppable and will only continue with environmental justice at the center. As we deepen our commitment to defend our right to clean air and a healthy environment for all, community leaders from across the state will come together to unite and grow the powerful movement we need now more than ever.
Join over 150 leaders from the frontlines of California’s most impacted regions to:
- Learn about key environmental justice victories locally, statewide, and nationally, and explore what strategies were used to win.
- Participate in inspiring workshops and enjoy cultural performances.
- Hear insights into how state agencies, elected officials, and community members are working together to advance equitable environmental policy statewide.
- Find out who will receive our 3rd annual Environmental Justice Leadership Awards.
- Advocate in the Capitol to advance environmental justice priorities in the legislature.
- Build with CEJA members, allies, and powerful community leaders across the state.
For all questions related to the 2017 Congreso “Reimagining Resistance” please contact Jay Donahue: email@example.com, (415) 515-4134
Schedule and Agenda
- 9:45am – 5:00pm: 2017 Congreso: Reimagining Resistance
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm: Mixer at Cafe 15L – 1116 15th Street
Environmental Justice Leadership Awards
This year’s Environmental Justice Leadership Award honorees are San Diego City Councilmember Georgette Gomez & Black Lives Matter.
Our awardees were selected to receive this year’s decision-maker and community award respectively through a community-nominated process by all of CEJA’s member and partner organizations. We give these awards in recognition of their exemplary work and leadership.
Interpretation and Childcare
There will be interpretation into Spanish and Vietnamese. Other interpretation needs may be arranged – please indicate on your registration form if you need interpretation and what language.
Childcare will be provided on-site.
As a sponsor, your name and logo will be placed on all materials and banners that publicize the Congreso, and announced at the event itself. Each of our sponsorship levels comes with special benefits. See the full list here.
To become a sponsor, simply fill out your information below, and send your high-resolution logo to Cassie Gardener Manjikian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2017 Congreso Sponsors for supporting CEJA’s work advancing environmental justice across the state!